A child entering kindergarten at Lincoln Elementary must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1 of the current year. Our kindergarten program is an all-day/every day program. Parents have the option of sending their children on a half-day basis, if they prefer. We encourage all parents to take advantage of our all-day program, which is appropriate for the kindergarten age child. The Illinois State Board of Education requires us to offer a half-day program; however, it is the philosophy and recommendation of Lincoln Elementary that children benefit most from a whole-day program. You may choose to send your child for a half-day, but please realize that their attendance will be limited to the morning (8:00-10:45 A.M.).
Step 1: Register Your Kindergarten Student
Children who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022 can register for kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year, please find which scenario you fit in below and follow the procedures. You will also need to make an appointment for a kindergarten screening, Screening dates are May 11, June 1, and June 2.
If...…Your student is new to the district:
Go to the Mcusd185 Board Office located located at 323 W Washington Street and complete/provide the following:
- Completed registration packet (packets can be picked up at the Board Office or Lincoln School)
- Proof of residency by bringing in required documentation to the Board Office 323 W. Washington
- A photo ID of registrant
- A certified copy of the student's birth certificate
- Drop the registration packet, along with the proof of residency slip given to you at the Board Office, to Lincoln School 315 N. Bonham
If...…Your child attended MacArthur: You do not need to fill out a registration packet or provide the above information. You may register your child online after May 1
- Click on the Skyward Icon located on the Resources bar of each page of the district website. Enter your username and password. If you do not recall your username and password, please call the school office.
Step 2: Make a Kindergarten Screening Appointment
To make a screening appointment please call Lincoln Elementary School at 309-833-2095.